Resources for Seniors
Below are a few local services for Seniors to assist in every day to day decisions. Simply click on a title and it will redirect you to the website for further information.
Investments and Financials
Calendar of Cultural and Sporting Events
Laughter is the Best Medicine
|Local Services for Seniors
Seniors Organizations and Links
Best Rated Senior Communities
Best Rated Moving Companies
• American Home Shield (AHS): AHS provides comprehensive, affordable home warranty coverage and service on mechanical system failures while your home is on the market. This coverage can be extended by the new owner when the home is sold.
• Angie’s List: Angie’s list is a word-of-mouth network for consumers looking for local service companies such as plumbers, carpenters, roofers, etc.
• Better Business Bureau (Florida): This organization promotes ethical business practices and public confidence through voluntary self-regulation, consumer and business education, and service excellence.
• U.S. Government Eldercare Finder: The Eldercare Locator is designed to help older adults and their families and caregivers find their way through the maze of services for seniors by identifying trustworthy local support resources. The goal is to provide users with the information and resources they need that will help older persons live independently and safely in their homes and communities for as long as possible.
• Home Security of America (HAS): This company provides comprehensive, affordable home warranty coverage and service on mechanical system failures while your home is on the market. Coverage can be extended by the new owner when the home is sold.
• Mesothelioma Group: A charitable organization supporting the National Alliance for Caregiving and Cancer Care. Because the average age of diagnosis is 60 and symptoms are easily mistaken for less serious illnesses, early detection and awareness for mesothelioma is crucial in improving survival rates. Any individual or family that is diagnosed with or knows someone with cancer deserves to have the best information and support available. The goal at the Mesothelioma Group is to increase awareness, improving survival rates and life expectancy.
• National Association of Senior Move Managers (NASMM): NSAMM is a nonprofit, professional association of organizations dedicated to helping older adults and their families with the physical and emotional aspects of moving. Members are committed to maximizing the dignity and autonomy of older adults as they transition from one living environment to another.
• New LifeStyles Online: New Lifestyles Online is the ultimate resource for senior living and care options. This site provides you with everything you need to make an informed, comfortable decision about your own or your loved one’s future. Extensive resources are easily accessible, which not only saves you time and money, but helps cut down on the frustration of trying to find information from multiple sources, agencies, or organizations. Whether you are looking for an Independent Retirement Community, Assisted Living Facilities, Senior Housing, Nursing Home, Alzheimer’s Care, Home or Hospice Care, or other senior product or senior service, New LifeStyles Online can help you find what’s right for you.
• Senior Law Home Page: This is a Web site where senior citizens, their families, attorneys, social workers, and financial planners can access information about elder law, Medicare, Medicaid, guardianship, estate planning, trusts, and the rights of the elderly and disabled.
• Society of Certified Senior Advisors (CSA): CSAs understand how to build effective relationships with seniors because the CSA education has given them a broad-based knowledge of the health, social, and financial issues that are important to seniors, along with the dynamics of how these factors work together in seniors’ lives. The Society of Certified Senior Advisors teaches professionals what’s important to seniors and how – always – to put their clients’ interests first.
Receive up to $300 for purchase and install of two toilets (up to $200 for one toilet) Information provided by Pinecrest Parks and Recreation From: Miami Dade County's Water and Sewer Department To qualify for the Senior High Efficiency Toilet Rebate Program you must:...