Choose Healthy Foods as You Age
Article from the National Institute on Aging – NIH
Choosing healthy foods is a smart thing to do—no matter how old you are!
Here are some tips to get you started:
- Eat many different colors and types of vegetables and fruits.
- Make sure at least half of your grains are whole grains.
- Eat only small amounts of solid fats and foods with added sugars. Limit saturated fat (found mostly in foods that come from animals) and trans fats (found in foods like store-bought baked goods and some margarines).
- Eat “good” (poly- and monounsaturated) fats, like those found in seeds, nuts, avocados, and fatty fish like salmon. Any fats added in cooking should come from olive, canola, corn, or vegetable oil.
- Eat seafood twice a week. Small fish, like sardines or trout, or farm-raised fish (check the label) contain less mercury than large fish, like tuna. Mercury can be harmful.
The John Seidel Team specializes in Miami real estate as well as Florida Keys real estate. A Miami native, John Seidel has over a decade of professional experience assisting clients with finding single family homes, condominiums, vacant land, rental property, and more. Call 786-488-9756 to speak with a team member regarding any questions you may have about buying, selling, or investing in Miami properties such as Brickell real estate.
If you have any questions regarding the Miami real estate market or the buying/selling process, feel free to contact me at 305-793-7280, John.Thompson@floridamoves.com or fill out the form below. I look forward to speaking with you.