Take care of yourself: Tips for caregivers
Article from National Institute on Aging at NIH
Caring for an older adult can bring up both positive and negative emotions. How do you know if you need extra support? Here are a few signs:
- Frustration or anger with everyone, from the care recipient to doctors
- Worry or anxiety
- Feeling guilty and thinking that you’re not doing enough, or feeling jealous of those who spend more time with the care recipient
Make time to take care of yourself — as well as others! Try these tips:
- Take care of your own health — eat healthy, exercise, and get enough sleep.
- Join a caregiver support group. Sharing stories with others in similar situations can relieve a sense of isolation and introduce you to resources that others find helpful.
- Ask for help. Check out these suggestions for starting a conversation about dividing caregiver responsibilities among the family.
- Take time for yourself. Take breaks during the day, spend time with friends, and keep up with your hobbies.
The John Seidel Team specializes in Miami real estate as well as Florida Keys real estate. A Miami native, John Seidel has over a decade of professional experience assisting clients with finding single family homes, condominiums, vacant land, rental property, and more. Call 786-488-9756 to speak with a team member regarding any questions you may have about buying, selling, or investing in Miami properties such as Brickell real estate.
If you have any questions regarding the Miami real estate market or the buying/selling process, feel free to contact me at 305-793-7280, John.Thompson@floridamoves.com or fill out the form below. I look forward to speaking with you.